Operation Barnabas Faithfulness Program
Since participating on Operation Barnabas is not an end result but rather a step in the process, it is expected that all Operation Barnabas Alumni be involved with the OB Faithfulness Program immediately following their service on OB for five months until the end of the current calendar year.
The following components are involved in the OB Faithfulness Program:
1. Put yourself under the leadership of a responsible, spiritual adult in the church (of the same sex and preferably not a relative). You will need to sign the OB Faithfulness Program Covenant, along with your discipler, parents, and pastor indicating their involvement and approval.
- Meet at least once every two weeks with your disciple/mentor.
- Your discipler will report on your progress in three main areas:
- Biblical Understanding
- Character Development
- Ministry Development
A form to report your progress and accountability in these areas is to be filled out by the discipler and returned to the Operation Barnabas office every month. There are five report due dates during the 5 month program –August 31, September 30, October 31, November 30, and December 31.
- Complete at least 5 months of OnTrack Devotions. Purchase OTDs
Note: You do not need to use OTD as your discipleship material with your mentor, but you may if you wish. The only requirement is that you have completed these fill-in-the-blank materials by December 31, 2016. If you wish to order OTD’s in book format, you can do so at the link above. Or, if you wish to access them online and print off the OTD pages month by month (similar to what you used during your time on Operation Barnabas), the pdf will be posted by the beginning of each month on this page.
- “Disciple” someone younger than yourself on a weekly basis or at least every other week. Depending on the age of the person you are working with, you may need to be flexible in how you work with him/her, but you are still to work with biblical understanding, character development, and ministry development in his/her spiritual walk as well. A form to report your progress in these areas should also be filled out every month and given to your discipler to send in along with their report form.
- Be actively attending your sending church/home church on a weekly basis. (if in college away from home, you need to find a local church there to plug into) You should not only be attending but involved there in church ministry.
At the end of December 2016, references will be sent to your discipleship leader and pastor. If you have accomplished on-going Christian growth and they have recommended you to receive the OB Faithfulness Award, you will be eligible to receive a certificate stating that you completed the program.. By the end of the school year of 2017, all those who have completed the program will be announced and names will also be forwarded to Grace College and Lancaster Bible College for scholarship information. (All OB participants receive a $1000 scholarship for their first year at Grace College or Lancaster Bible College. Those who complete the OB Faithfulness Program are also eligible to receive $1000 for the next three years, provided all requirements through Grace College or Lancaster Bible College have been fulfilled.)